- Water services are provided by the following: Rhineland Municipality, Pembina Valley Water Co-op, Halbstadt Marias Water Co-op, Border Valley Water Co-op, Altona Rural Water Co-op.
- Sewer services are provided by Rosenfeld Sanitation Co-op, or the Municipality of Rhineland where available.
- For Rhineland the connection fee is $2,500.00 for Water and $2,500.00 for sewer, all infrastructure expenses are the applicants.
- There is a fee for the water meter as well. All meters are electronically read.
Telephone services is provided by Bell MTS Tel: (204) 225-5687.
- Residential Housing
- Industrial Parks
- Plum Coulee Industrial Park - Owner -Rhineland
- Rhineland Industrial Park
- Rhineland West Ag Park - Owner - Dave Guenter
- Recreation and Tourism
- Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm
- Thursday from 9 am - 8 pm
- Saturday - 9 am - 4 pm
- Closed for Holidays
2049 Rd 10 NW, Rhineland 204-324-1379
- Monday to Saturday 8:00 am – 4:00pm
- Closed for Holidays
When you enter the Waste Disposal Site, turn left into the Waste Diversion Loop before you reach the scale to drop off the following items, free of charge.
- Mattresses and box springs
- Large metal appliances such as a fridge, freezer, washing machine, etc. Not including dishwashers
- Scrap metal
- Propane tanks
- Batteries (large)*
Used Oil Recycling Depot
Turn right before the scale to access the oil recycling depot, free of charge. To use, ask for assistance from the scale operator.
- Automobile oil
- Oil filters
- Consumer DEF Containers (4L)
- Used cooking oil
Waste Disposal Tipping Fees
The Altona/Municipality of Rhineland Waste Disposal Site tipping fees have increased as of July 1, 2022. The following weight-based rates apply:
|General Garbage (per metric tonne)||$80.00|
|Minimum rate (up to 200 kg)||$16.00|
|Clean Lumber/Clean Fill|
|General Garbage from outside of Altona/Rhineland Boundaries (per metric tonne)||$100.00|
When you first enter the site, check in at the office before driving onto the scale. The friendly operator will provide direction. We ask that all incoming and exiting traffic pay attention to the lights and signage posted at the weigh-scale. Wait for the green light to advance onto the scale platform, and then advance and come to a full stop on the scale platform. All drivers must report to the scale operator in the office for load identification and instructions (incoming loads) as well as payment (exiting vehicles). Payments by credit or debit are accepted, no cash payments.
For more information on rates please contact Clint Derksen at 204-324-6439 or email:
It is imperative that all property owners display the civic numbers assigned to them by the Municipality. These numbers have been registered with the 911 call center to identify the location of properties. The civic numbers should be of an adequate size (at least 4”) and displayed in a location that is clearly visible from the street.