- Water services are provided by the following: Rhineland Municipality, Pembina Valley Water Co-op, Halbstadt Marias Water Co-op, Border Valley Water Co-op, Altona Rural Water Co-op.
- Sewer services are provided by Rosenfeld Sanitation Co-op, or the Municipality of Rhineland where available.
- For Rhineland the connection fee is $2,500.00 for Water and $2,500.00 for sewer, all infrastructure expenses are the applicants.
- There is a fee for the water meter as well. All meters are electronically read.
Telephone services is provided by Bell MTS Tel: (204) 225-5687.
- Residential Housing
- Industrial Parks
- Plum Coulee Industrial Park - Owner -Rhineland
- Rhineland Industrial Park
- Rhineland West Ag Park - Owner - Dave Guenter
- Recreation and Tourism
- Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm
- Thursday from 9 am - 8 pm
- Saturday - 9 am - 4 pm
- Closed for Holidays
- Tuesday – Saturday – 8:00 am – 4:00pm
- Closed for Holidays
Minimum Rate (up to 200 kg): $14.60
Clean Wood/Clean Fill (per metric tonne): $40.00
Garbage from outside RM borders (per metric tonne): $75.00
We ask that all incoming and exiting landfill traffic pay attention to the lights and signage posted at the weigh-scale. Please reduce speed and come to a full stop on the scale platform. A staff member will be in the scale office – all drivers must report to the office for load identification and instructions (incoming loads) as well as payment (exiting vehicles). The Landfill office is now equipped with a credit/debit machine for ease of payment.
For more information on rates and the effect of weight based fees, please contact Clint Derksen at (204) 324-6439 or email
A used oil recycling depot is also located at the Town of Altona /Municipality of Rhineland Waste Disposal site. Bring used oil, oil filters or containers you have to this depot for recycling. The landfill also accepts tires at no charge.
It is imperative that all property owners display the civic numbers assigned to them by the Municipality. These numbers have been registered with the 911 call center to identify the location of properties. The civic numbers should be of an adequate size (at least 4”) and displayed in a location that is clearly visible from the street.