Altona/Rhineland Disposal Site
Altona/Rhineland Waste Disposal Site
2049 Rd 10 NW, Rhineland
Hours: Monday – Saturday
8 am – 4 pm
When you enter the Waste Disposal Site, turn left into the Waste Diversion Loop before you reach the scale to drop off the following items, free of charge.
- Mattresses and box springs
- Large metal appliances such as a fridge, freezer, washing machine, etc. Not including dishwashers
- Scrap metal
- Propane tanks
- Batteries (large)*
Used Oil Recycling Depot
Turn right before the scale to access the oil recycling depot, free of charge. To use, ask for assistance from the scale operator.
- Automobile oil
- Oil filters
- Consumer DEF Containers (4L)
- Used cooking oil
Waste Disposal Tipping Fees
The Altona/Municipality of Rhineland Waste Disposal Site tipping fees have increased as of July 1, 2022. The following weight-based rates apply:
|General Garbage (per metric tonne)||$80.00|
|Minimum rate (up to 200 kg)||$16.00|
|Clean Lumber/Clean Fill|
|General Garbage from outside of Altona/Rhineland Boundaries (per metric tonne)||$100.00|
When you first enter the site, check in at the office before driving onto the scale. The friendly operator will provide direction. We ask that all incoming and exiting traffic pay attention to the lights and signage posted at the weigh-scale. Wait for the green light to advance onto the scale platform, and then advance and come to a full stop on the scale platform. All drivers must report to the scale operator in the office for load identification and instructions (incoming loads) as well as payment (exiting vehicles). Payments by credit or debit are accepted, no cash payments.
Monday – 8am to 5pm
Tuesday – 8am to 5pm
Wednesday – 8am to 5pm
Thursday – 8am to 8pm
Friday – 8am to 5pm
Saturday – 9am to 4pm
Closed on holidays
- The Plum Coulee location is monitored by Camera. Fines are applicable if not following the rules.
- The Municipality of Rhineland and the Recycling Contractor will NOT be held responsible for damage to containers.
- Recycling will not be picked up if it contains garbage or diapers.
- Containers or Bags that include Non-Acceptable items WILL NOT be collected.
- Labels, Lids & Handles may be left on containers
- No Containers bearing a Hazardous Material Logo are acceptable - example: Bleach
- Collection Containers: Rural Areas clear or transparent blue bags
- Set out time: 7:00 am on collection day
- Set out Location: within 3 meters of the roadway and away from the garbage so it is possible to distinguish it from garbage and be clearly visible from the roadways.