Frequently Asked Questions

What are examples of Emergency Notification?
Examples include water main breaks, evacuation notices, fires, floods, missing person cases, tornadoes or severe storm warnings.

What are examples of General Notifications?
Boil water advisories, weather alerts, missing dogs, street closures, snow clearing, arena closures, parking bans, water/meter issues, hydrant flush, public hearings, garbage & recycling info, by-laws & policy notice changes.

What is CONNECT and why is it important to me?
All-Net Connect is a notification service that allows officials to notify residents and businesses by telephone, cell phone, text message, email and social media regarding time-sensitive general and emergency notifications. Only authorized officials have access to the All-Net Connect system.

When will CONNECT be used?
Any message regarding the safety, property or welfare of the community will be disseminated using the CONNECT system. These may include AMBER alerts, notifications of hazardous traffic or road conditions, boil water advisories or evacuation notices.

Does the CONNECT system replace other systems that have been used to provide time-sensitive information to residents?
This system is an enhancement to existing means of communication and is meant to supplement current or past systems used for mass notification. Going forward we will be using this system for sole notification of our residents as we have the ability to notify in certain areas of Town as opposed to mass notifications.

Does the All-Net Connect system already have my telephone number, or do I need to sign up to receive CONNECT notifications?
Residents should not assume that their information is in the system. The home page of the Municipality of Rhineland website,, has a link to the Connect Community Notification Enrollment page where you can register online. If you cannot register online, you can call and speak with one of our communications specialists to complete your registration.

I have a business located in the Municipality of Rhineland. Can I arrange to have CONNECT contact my business?
Yes, emergency calls can only be delivered to a direct dial number. Automated attendants will disrupt the process and the calls will not be delivered. Businesses should register their main number and establish a procedure for distributing the Connect message to their workforce.

What if I want to register additional numbers for my address?
After you submit the initial registration form, you may start the registration process again and submit more numbers for the same address.

Is my personal information protected?
CONNECT is a Manitoba company that takes security and privacy concerns very seriously. They will not sell, trade, lease or loan any data citizen supplied data to third parties.

What should I do if I receive a CONNECT message?
Listen carefully to the entire message. You will have the option to repeat the message by pressing any key. Do not call 911 for further information unless directed to do so or if you need immediate aid from the Police or Fire department.

I have a landline, and it does not work when the power goes out. How will the system be able to contact me?
Make sure you have at least one working corded telephone – and be sure to turn the ringer on. The CONNECT sign-up form allows you to indicate both a primary and alternate phone number. Cell phone and/or work phone numbers can be entered as alternate phone numbers. Both primary and alternate phone numbers will be contacted when a notification is sent.

Will the CONNECT system leave a message on an answering machine?
Yes, the CONNECT system will leave a message on a machine or on voicemail. The CONNECT system will leave the entire message in one pass.

What circumstances might prevent a message from being delivered to me?
• If your contact information has changed and you have not registered your new information.
• If you have only a landline, the power is out and you did not register an alternate phone number.
• If your line is busy for an extended time and your calls do not forward to voicemail or an answering machine.
• If you have a privacy manager on your main phone and you did not register an alternate phone number. The Municipality of Rhineland will receive a report of undelivered calls and can instruct the CONNECT system to begin another round of calls to busy numbers. It is best to have an alternate phone number in the calling database for these situations.